Saturday, February 04, 2006

February 6th in the Heartland, today was colder than it has been in quite a while. I really wanted to get outside and chase some "urban trout" at a local lake, but I couldn't really muster up the wherewithall to gather my gear and go. The state conservation department stocks lakes in urban areas with "trophy trout area" restrictions in place. Meaning no bait, soft rubber lures, etc. Well, if you were to ask the local riff raff sitting on their buckets with jars of Power Bait next to their tackle boxes, "We be fishing for them catfish" is the common refrain. That is why I have yet to go and experience "Urban Trout Fishing". I really detest poachers and those who disrespect a resource, treating it as if it was their birthright and they can do as they damn well please with it. To be a conservation agent just for a day, I would have writers cramp at the end of that day after issuing tickets to the scum of the earth. Truth be told, I'd rather pistol whip them into unconciousness. But fortunately, I'm a bit more civilized than that. But not much!
Starting off on this journey called my blog, I wondered about the tone of my writing, should it be loose, informal, writing as I would speak or should I keep it formal. I guess we'll see as it unfolds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home