Saturday, June 28, 2014

Could be worse...........

Well, here we are again. I was looking at this blog on my phone earlier today, reading my last post, and realized that the spiral descent I so feared documenting has come to pass. I am still at my all time high, weight wise. I still half heartedly seek the face of God, and I am in the process of getting divorced. What a fine shit sandwich I have made for myself. But there are good things happening too.


I am presently spending my 5th summer in Northern Wisconsin and in spite of some less than optimal personnel choices (which have been fixed) things are going fairly well. My dear friend Steven is here doing what God had intended him to do (whether he realizes it or not) making great food and running the new camp like a Swiss watch. I have dedicated my newly found free time (being single and not having to make the effort to engage the spousal unit) playing and studying the guitar. I hope that someday, I can be as good a guitar player as the one I hear in my head. I know that I am a better than average player (30+ years, I'd better be) but, I want to play the  effortless complex riff filled music I hear in the players I love. When I return home, I will begin the studious pursuit of theory and understanding how to play those complex riff filled songs and perhaps dare to play in public. It is my dream.


All in all, I am at an interesting place in the Life of the Reluctant Midwestener. I may even, at some point, allow my reluctance to send me back West. My son is 2 years away from being done with school, and my only reason for being here is about to be legally severed. The mountains beckon me once again. Will I heed their call?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home