Thursday, October 30, 2008

Can you believe it? My beloved Phillies are 2008 World Champions of baseball! I have to say, the 3 inning game was just the perfect length and really ratcheted up the intensity of the moment. My family watched with me, and they, not being from Philly and knowing the full extent of the pain and suffering I've had to endure as a Phillies, Eagles, Sixers, and Flyers fan, found great entertainment in my hypergeekout during the game. My heart was literally racing at the top of the 9th inning and when Tampa got a runner on first and then he stole second, the one run lead looked pretty nebulous. Brad Lidge has a way, in spite of the perfection of his 2008 season, of making things more interesting than necessary. I am so relieved that the curse of Billy Penn has been laid to rest and now the Eagles have no more excuses. It's a good day to be me. GO PHILS!
TRM

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home